- The athletes must observe the competition rules, traffic rules and manners. (The traffic is not controlled on the race day and standard traffic rules are applied.)
- The applicants must submit the completed entry application form and other required documents, which are to be accepted by the Sado International Triathlon Office. (Or, the applicants must complete the necessary information of the on-line web entry form, which are to be accepted by the Sado International Triathlon Office.)
- The entry will not be accepted when any necessary document is not submitted (or any necessary information is missing). Please confirm the necessary documents below.
- The right to participate the race may be cancelled even after the qualification is finalized in the event that the submitted documents and forms are found out to include the false information or falsified documents, or in the event that it is suspected that the entry may affect the competition operation adversely.
- The finalized qualification may not be transferred to any other person.
[Common to Type A and Type B】
The applicants must be healthy men and women at the age of eighteen (18) or older*, have the JTU membership in FY2017, are capable of finishing swim, bike and run legs continuously, and, understand and accept the contents of the pledge with agreement of their family or relatives to the entry application. (*High school students are not eligible. Those under the age of 20 require the consent by the parents or legal guardians)
☆ Charity openings (Common to Type A and Type B): First 20 applicants
- each, Application through postal mailonly
- (*Please ask further information to the Sado International TriathlonOffice.)
■ Type A → Qualified by lottery
- ◎ Those who have finished a middle or longer distance triathlon within thepast three (3) years from the application date (It is necessary to submit the result or the completion certificate.)
■ Type B → Qualified by lottery
- ◎ Those who have finished a sprint or longer distance triathlon within the past three (3) years from the application date (It is necessary to submit the result or the completion certificate.)
- ◎ Those who have finished Open Water Swimming [more than 2,000m course]
■ Type R (Relay type) → Qualified by lottery
- ※The swimmer of the relay team must satisfy any of the following conditions ① through ②.
- ◎ The swimmer has finished any of the following events ① through ② within the past three (3) years from the application date.
(It is necessary to submit the result or completion certificate.)
- ① Triathlon ② Open Water Swimming [more than 1,000m course]
- ◎ All the three (3) members of each team must apply Sado International Triathlon Type R at the same time. Any individual application is not acceptable.
- ◎ The applicants must be healthy men or women at the age of fifteen (15) or older*, have experience of the relevant leg (swim, bike or run), are confident to finish a triathlon race by relay of three (3), and, understand and accept the contents of the pledge with agreement of their family or relatives to the entry application. (*Junior high school students are not eligible. Those under the age of 20 require the consent by the parents or legal guardians)
- ◎The applicant must be healthy 1st to 6th grade men and women whose parents or legal guardians signs on the pledge to be submitted. (Those who are not confident with swimming may apply for this category.)
■Young kids, Kids & Junior
- ◎The applicants must be healthy 1st to 9th grade men or women whose parents or legal guardians signs on the pledge to be submitted. (Those who are capable of swimming the distance of each category may apply for the applicable category.)
- ◎The applicants must be the athletes designate by JTU as long distance elite athletes in FY2017 or the ones recommended by the JTU member local triathlon union/federation.
For overseas, participant must be a member of it’s National Tri Federation, or must purchase the JTU single-day license
Sado International Triathlon Type A & Type B
- On-line web entry… From 12:00 Wednesday, March 1, 2017 to 23:59 Friday, March 10, 2017
- Mail delivery… Postmarked from Wednesday, March 1, 2017 to Friday, March 10, 2017
Sado International Triathlon Type R (Relay)
- Mail delivery (only)… Postmarked from Wednesday, March 1, 2017 to Friday, March 10, 2017
Sado Junior Triathlon
- On-line web entry/Mail delivery ..........From Wednesday, March 1, 2017 to Friday, May 26, 2017 [To be closed as soon as the openings become full.]
- Please call Japan Triathlon Union (JTU) at 03-5469-5401 for inquiry.
- *Transportation and accommodation expenses are not included.
|Sado Long Distance International Triathlon Type A||JPY38,000||JPY28,000||JPY100,000|
|Sado Long Distance International Triathlon Type B
|Sado Long Distance International
Triathlon Type R（1 Team）
|Beginner, Young kids, Kids, Junior||JPY3,000|
- * Charity opening（First 20 applicants）……The extra fee will be donated to Sado City Sport Promotion Foundation to promote the sport activities in Sado City.
Drawing result and Qualification Notice
Entry fee payment
■ Sado International Triathlon Type A, Type B & Type R (Relay)
- The document examination will be conducted and the drawing result will be released by early April 2017 by either of the following methods.
■ Junior Triathlon
- The document examination will be conducted and the drawing result will be released by mid-April 2017 by either of the following methods.
※The lottery result will be notified to the web applicant by e-mail and to the postal mail applicant by postal mail.
Entry completion (Entry fee payment & Submission of necessary documents)
※ The qualified participants shall pay the entry fee and submit the necessary documents after the qualifications are finalized.
(The qualified participants will be informed through the [Drawing result / Qualification Notice].)
※ Please make sure to pay the entry fee and submit the necessary documents by the due date or your qualification will be cancelled automatically.
Return of the entry fee
■If a qualified applicant becomes unable to participate the race, he/she may cancel and refund the entry fee on the condition that he/she notifies the cancellation to the Sado International Triathlon Office by Tuesday, May 31, 2017. JPY1,000 will be subtracted as a cancellation charge. Please send the written notice of cancellation including the bank account information to the Sado International Triathlon Office (by mail, e-mail, or fax).
*The entry fee will not be refunded when a cancellation is notified on or after Saturday, June 1, 2017 or in the event the competition is modified or cancelled due to a rough weather.
■The host will take out accident insurance. The details are subject to the insurance policy conditions.
■Any private information known through the entry information or submitted documents shall be used only for the competition and shall never be disclosed to any other third party according to the Personal Information Protection Act.